April 2017 Goals
Let’s review March goals to see how I did:
- Solidify personnel schedule for OA experiment through March, particularly HgCl injections during NSA conference
- Formulate plan/timeline for post-OA conditioning, spawning, setting, and rearing Oly’s. Need to do this ASAP!
- Poster - draft background/methods by 3/10, add data and have full draft by 3/17. Complete by 3/24, then attend conference!
- Draft & complete article for ComSciCon PNW, then attend
- Finalize proposal for Proposal Writing Class, study for Invert Zoology etc., also Qsci 482.
Started, but not fully completed:
- Finish Pecan run! (ETA: Monday, March 6th)
- Figure out how to use Skyline
- Run files through Skyline, then figure out what to do next!
- Research background/context for DNR paper; begin writing.
- Develop rough draft of Results section for DNR project
April Goals: lots to accomplish this month!
- Complete activites report
- Determine if I should go “on tenure” next year - what are the alternatives?
- Consider appropriate timeline for applying for GRIP or GROW
- Follow up with Marilyn about accepting Hyman & FHL funding for the Comparative Embryology course
- Proteomic project:
- Meet with Proteomics project collaborators to discuss next steps
- De-multiplex .raw files
- Re-run Pecan on more powerful computer to generate full .blib file
- Perform lit review, focus on geoduck/clams
- Begin drafting background section
- Develop rough draft of Geoduck Results section for DNR project
- Oly OA project:
- Sample Oly’s post-OA on April 8th - also hold the Ladies of the Lab night out
- Clean OA system
- Condition Oly’s, raising temperature 1degC/day to 18deg, hold there there until 4 days before PSRF needs to reduce to 14deg, then decrease 1degC/day to 14.
- Inventory existing spawning & rearing materials to determine what’s left to make/buy. Need: insulated 5 gal bucket, 2 gal bucket, mini banjos, air stones, blue lines, drippers (what rate?)
- Figure out how/where to tap into heated line; can we tap in after the filtration system for PSRF’s conicals?
- Send 4/8 histology casettes off for processing
- Image histology slides
- Process histology slide images with … ImageJ(?)
- Use histology images to inform tissue sample processing
- Research best method to use for DNA Methylation analysis; what other analyses should I consider?
- Finalize spawning/rearing plan
- Build system! - need to start week of 4/20
- Augment Methods draft with Dec -> April activities
- Get all water sampling & feeding data digitized
Written on April 5, 2017