Re-Arranging Oly's for Conditioning
The next stage of the experiment is to condition my Olys in preparation for spawning. To do so, I need to get them on a system where I could gradually (1degC/day) raise the temperature of their tank from ambient (~10degC) to 18degC. Worked with Ryan Crim to figure out how best to do this:
- Condensed all Olys into one 100L tank.
- Sourced water from the ambient line that is not connected to the OA system; this line is filtered down to 5um (upon entering the hatchery). Set flow rate to 1.5 L/min.
- Set the algae dosing pump to 45 (this is the large pump that is installed on the wall). The water line is shared by Yaamini’s oysters and some spare oysters. All told, the flow rate on the line is ~6 L/min:
- Connected tank to a pump that recirculated water through the Teco TANK TK-500 1/6 HP Aquarium Chiller (also heats!).
- Set heater to 11degC (51.8degF). Instructed PSRF to increase temp to 12degC tomorrow.