Checking in on my oysters
Stopped by Manchester for the AM to check on things.
- Downwellers inside were very dirty, holding lots of water but not overflowing. I cleaned them with fresh water.
- I have 9 larval groups left (down from 16). Changed banjos. Water flow and food all looked good, no overflows.
- Water change on SN growth experiment. This week I don’t have time to check these oysters out, but next week I plan to look at them under the scope, and assess whether or not I can count live/dead easily, and how I can keep them separate to potentially extend the experiment (is it even possible?)
- Outside tank:
- Drained tank
- Rinsed downwellers and upwellers with fresh water. Downwellers were clean (since Olivia cleaned them on Monday), but upwellers were very dirty. After rinsing them, I uncovered some beautiful oysters! Here is the NF6 Ambient silo, which has a ton of juveniles:
- I received the 1”->1/2” reducing couplers in the mail, so I set up one more downwelling string, and moved the HL-6 Ambient & HL-6 Low 180um setting silos outside.
Written on July 19, 2017