Mid-August, 2019 goals & timeline
- By August 20th, finish prepping RNA samples for QuantSeq library prep. This includes:
- Re-running qPCR on a subset of samples with the Actin primer set that detects gDNA.
- Quantifying remaining RNA with Qubit
- Concentrate dilute samples. Goal is 500 ng in 5 uL.
- Assess RNA quality via Bioanalyzer on subset of samples.
- Week of August 19th:
- Get all materials ready for QuantSeq library prep.
- Test protocol on 8 samples (“extra” samples).
- Week of Aug. 26th, if all materials are in lab: begin library prep!
- Identify and reach out to potential new committee members
- Read Jackie’s stack of papers, take notes and organize using Evernote
- Get study lists from Rick & Steven
- Finish simplifying O. lurida temperature/food methods, results and discussion. Get feedback from Steven.
- Begin revising, or at least organize thoguhts on, Polydora MS as per discussion with Chelsea & Julieta.
- Review presentation from Aquaculture 2019 for PCSGA.
- Measure larvae from 2017 OA/T study, possibly include in PCSGA presentation? Maybe Kaitlyn can help with this. Maybe use Jackie’s fancy computer.
Written on August 13, 2019