Day 33 Activities report
Quick morning stop @ Manchester to tend the oysters. Here’s the report.
Sampled for chemistry:
- Pulled water samples @ ~10:15am. Recorded grab sample T, pH, and S first
- The salinity probe still wasn’t reading salinity units; I used Rick’s probe but also recorded our salinity probe’s readings in micro-siebens/cm. Note: the glass bulb at the end of the probe appears loose, like it was cracked. I believe we need to purchase a new probe - it’s ~$350.
- Added HgCl to each bottle
- Recorded standard curve of TRIS
- Cleaned filters. 1um looked pretty dirty (it had been very sunny), so I installed a new one.
That is all!
Written on March 20, 2017